Energetic group ready to DO!
It’s hard to describe all the feelings you get at the Day of Giving. Electric charge, positivity, sense of purpose, excitement, goosebumps, even some tears (gratitude, vulnerability, concern for others)….all the good stuff that we crave in connecting to others and meaningful causes. All this before 9am on a Sunday! Six years running and it’s still there.
Here’s a rundown of what we accomplished:
*10 awesome projects (led/assisted by teen volunteers)–event pics here:
- 400 customized care kits benefiting Downtown Streets Team, Homeward Bound and specialized spa kits for Center for Domestic Peace
- First aid care kits assembled and $$/awareness raised by our singing group for Camp Fire families
- Delicious soup, salad, cookies and sandwiches cooked and delivered by Wonderbag team to Homeward Bound of Marin and St. Vincent’s
- 100 superhero capes made for Children’s Hospital Oakland and UCSF Children’s Hospital
- 23 comfort blankets made for Center for Domestic Peace + 10 blankets made for Children’s Hospital Oakland/UCSF
- Seed tape, seed packets and wool carded for Slide Ranch–now y’all go visit this amazing place in our own backyard!
- 50 baby book starter kit bags (with 300 books) collected, decorated and delivered to expectant families at Marin Community Clinic
- McInnis Park beautification project with Marin Parks
- Venetia Valley School garden restoration with MSEL students
- 60 pet toys and beds made for Marin Humane Society
*A spontaneous mom/daughter ukelele-playing greeting committee and awesome crochet/knitting corner
*Amazing graphic facilitation of the entire event (by Lisa Batchelder): here’s her final product!
Day of Giving Mural by talented fun-meister Lisa Batchelder
This doesn’t happen without the support of all of our volunteers, generous donors, in-kind and event sponsors. Thank you to everyone who lent a hand, and let’s keep our ME to WE movement going and growing stronger.