For our 7th year running, the power of positivity and community action was palpable at our Community Heroes Annual Day of Giving! Volunteers took part in a variety of service projects, spreading our mission of Compassion, Community Connection & Climate Action. Check out the heartwarming pics in our Photo Album.
- digging in the dirt, planting trees and cleaning up McInnis Park with Marin Parks
- prepping the orchard at San Pedro Elementary
- building new garden boxes for Marin Community School
- learning about building Resilient Communities and making care and hygiene kits for Center for Domestic Peace, Homeward Bound of Marin and Downtown Streets Team
- eco-friendly cooking with Wonderbag for Homeward Bound of Marin
- making superhero capes and comfort blankets for kids at UCSF Children’s Hospitals of Oakland and SF
- Making eco-art with reclaimed materials, including tree sculptures from plastic bottles with partner Art Maker Studio and gratitude rocks for the garden
With our Climate Action theme, we partnered with several great local organizations:
- Framing our event after Drawdown:Marin, a community-driven campaign to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, sequester carbon and prepare for climate change impacts
- Resilient Neighborhoods with wonderful resources to promote low-waste, sustainable carbon neutral households
- Sanzuma our community garden partner
- Cool the Earth & Drive Clean Bay Area to promote driving and riding electric
- Marin Commutes & Safe Routes to School to encourage green commuting
- Marin School of Environmental Leadership students, who educated participants about solar, microplastics, food waste, green transportation, sustainable enterprise and more!
A huge debt of gratitude to our wonderful event partners and in-kind donors. We couldn’t have done this without your help!
In times of challenge and uncertainty, heroes always show up. The Day of Giving provided a ray of light, and for a few glorious hours we focused on building our community bonds, relying on our inner powers and what we CAN do for others. We will continue to build our ME to WE movement as we navigate these unchartered waters. As it’s ever so important now. We appreciate your continued support and welcome your partnership, input and ideas.