Video: NBC Bay Area
Marin Independent-Journal: Marin volunteers gather for ‘Day of Giving’
Annual Day of Giving: For 7 consecutive years, we have gathered 250-300 kids and parents for our much-loved, inspirational signature event. Community Heroes experience the joy and magic of giving side by side with family and hundreds of fellow community members, collectively activating our power to be agents of change for good.
We come together for a fun-filled morning of service and community building, in benefit of local and global nonprofits serving the unhoused, hospitalized children, our environment and much more.
2020 Day of Giving projects included:
- Community Gardening at San Pedro Elementary School
- McInnis Park Beautification
- Eco-Friendly Cooking with Wonderbag
- “Care Kits” for Resilient Communities
- Superhero Capes for Superhero Kids at UCSF Children’s Hospital San Francisco and Oakland
- Comfort blankets for families at Center for Domestic Peace and children at UCSF Children’s Hospitals
- Eco Art Using Reclaimed Materials
We also played games, did activities, and learned about how to reduce our impact on our planet with our great event partners:
THANKS TO OUR 2020 MAIN EVENT SPONSORS: Marin Community Foundation, Marin County Office of Education and Big Jim’s BBQ.
INTERESTED IN BEING A FUTURE EVENT SPONSOR?
Reflections from our 6th Annual Day of Giving and 5th Annual Day of Giving
Day of Giving youth leader’s perspective: Cooking with Purpose blog
First Annual Day of Giving video: