Coverage of the 7th Annual Day of Giving
Video: NBC Bay Area
Marin Independent-Journal: Marin volunteers gather for ‘Day of Giving’
Annual Day of Giving: Each March, we gather 250-300 kids and parents for our much-loved, inspirational signature event. Community Heroes experience the joy and magic of giving side by side with family and hundreds of fellow community members, collectively activating our power to be agents of change for good.
We come together for a fun-filled morning of service and community building, in benefit of local and global nonprofits serving the unhoused, hospitalized children, our environment and much more.
2020 Day of Giving projects included:
- Community Gardening at San Pedro Elementary School
- McInnis Park Beautification
- Eco-Friendly Cooking with Wonderbag
- “Care Kits” for Resilient Communities
- Superhero Capes for Superhero Kids at UCSF Children’s Hospital San Francisco and Oakland
- Comfort blankets for families at Center for Domestic Peace and children at UCSF Children’s Hospitals
- Eco Art Using Reclaimed Materials
We also played games, did activities, and learned about how to reduce our impact on our planet with our great event partners:
- Drawdown Marin
- Resilient Neighborhoods
- Transportation Authority of Marin: Marin Commutes/Safe Routes to School
- Cool the Earth & Drive Clean Bay Area
- Marin School of Environmental Leadership
WHEN & WHERE: Our 7th Annual Day of Giving was Sunday, March 8, 2020 at the Marin County Office Of Education.
INTERESTED IN BEING A FUTURE EVENT SPONSOR?
Day of Giving youth leader’s perspective: Cooking with Purpose blog
First Annual Day of Giving video: