Annual Day of Giving: Each March, we gather 300+ kids and parents for our much-loved, inspirational signature event. Community Heroes experience the joy and magic of giving side by side with family and hundreds of fellow community members, collectively activating our power to be agents of change for good.
We come together for a fun-filled morning of service and community building, in benefit of local nonprofits serving the homeless, sick kids, seniors, our environment and much more. 2020 Day of Giving projects include:
- Community Gardening at San Pedro Elementary School
- McInnis Park Beautification
- Eco-Friendly Cooking with Wonderbag
- “Care Kits” for Resilient Communities
- Superhero Capes for Superhero Kids at UCSF Children’s Hospital San Francisco and Oakland
- Comfort blankets for families at Center for Domestic Peace and children at UCSF Children’s Hospitals
- Eco Art Using Reclaimed Materials
We will also play games, do activities, and learn about how to reduce our impact on our planet with our event partners:
- Drawdown Marin
- Resilient Neighborhoods
- Transportation Authority of Marin: Marin Commutes/Safe Routes to School
- Cool the Earth & Drive Clean Bay Area
WHEN & WHERE: Our 7th Annual Day of Giving is Sunday, March 8, 2020, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Marin County Office Of Education (1111 Las Gallinas Ave., San Rafael).
INTERESTED IN BEING AN EVENT SPONSOR?
Day of Giving youth leader’s perspective: Cooking with Purpose blog
First Annual Day of Giving video: