Annual Day of Giving: Each March, we gather 300+ kids and parents for our much-loved, inspirational signature event. Community Heroes experience the joy and magic of giving side by side with family and hundreds of fellow community members, collectively activating our power to be agents of change for good.
We come together for a fun-filled morning of service and community building, in benefit of local nonprofits serving the homeless, sick kids, seniors, our environment and much more. 2019 Day of Giving projects included:
- Assembling care and hygiene kits for local shelters (Downtown Streets Team, Homeward Bound, Center for Domestic Peace, Butte Camp Fire families)
- Cooking and delivering meals to unsheltered community members (with Wonderbag, for Homeward Bound, St. Vincent’s)
- Making superhero capes and comfort blankets for hospitalized kids for UCSF Children’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital Oakland and families at Center for Domestic Peace
- Habitat restoration and park beautification in open space areas with Marin Parks
- Gardening and farm preparation for Slide Ranch
- Children’s book collection and distribution to expectant moms at Marin Community Clinic
- Raising money and awareness for Camp Fire families with our musical talents
- Making pet toys and beds for Marin Humane Society
Thank you to our 2019 event in-kind sponsors:
WHEN & WHERE: Our 7th Annual Day of Giving is Sunday, March 8, 2020, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Marin County Office Of Education (1111 Las Gallinas Ave., San Rafael).
INFO ABOUT OUR UPCOMING 2020 DAY OF GIVING (to be updated as projects become finalized)
INTERESTED IN BEING AN EVENT SPONSOR?
Reflections from our 5th Annual Day of Giving
Day of Giving youth leader’s perspective: Cooking with Purpose blog
First Annual Day of Giving video: